Publishing Resource provides magazine, catalog and other High Volume Print Publishers an opportunity to,
- A totally unbiased process for locating the best printing arrangements, in order to realize,
- The highest savings in Manufacturing AND Distribution (M&D) Expenses (20% or $50 million for one large printer over a five year contract);
- Optimal turnaround to meet the shortest turnaround in newsstand and subscription deadlines;
- Industry standards compliance including closed loop color management for optimal quality assurance practices,
- Optimal customer service and customized to your needs;
BNL also offers:
- A Closed Loop Budget System that enables the production head charged with M&D budgets to continually improve his Fiscal Budget accuracy, while pointing out unfavorable variances in time to fix them before-the-fact, with the results of each fiscal budget year providing a starting point for the next fiscal budget year.
- Implementing Best Practices by avoiding Church-State conflicts.
- Accommodating Centralized or De-centralized Production organizations, including training programs.
- And we work ONLY for publishers and other buyers of print: It's a matter that you "cannot play both sides of the fence". Vendor neutrality can be assured only by avoiding any conflict of interest.
A publishing consultant firm since 1981, we have cumulatively saved publishers over $100 million from engagements for the smallest to largest publishers!
For a recent publisher, their print/paper/distribution savings were so outstanding that they realized a return on investment of my fees in excess of 30:1!
For this publisher, all work on my part was handled remotely with NO out-of-pocket expenses! And with the best relations possible with all contending printers to make certain you are happy in working with them over the course of the contract -- and beyond!
We have written the only modern book entitled "Working with a Magazine Printer" with well over 300 pages, which the above image captures portions of the wrap around cover.
Clients include Petersen Publishing Company, at the time the the 8th largest publisher but later sold to Source Interlink Companies, Christian Science Publishing Company, TV Enterprises (then a RV magazine publisher), And most recently, Fox Chapel Publishing Company, with an estimated 30:1 Return on Investment based on my fees and including Distribution and Paper Stock!
See "How We Do It" web page for the general Process we follow including customizing to your unique situation.
See "About Bert N. Langford" (which you can also Google) to learn of our extensive and unparalleled printing and publishing experience.